Member recruitment occurs around 6 months before a three-year term of appointment is due to end; or when there is a casual vacancy created by the resignation of a member; or a member shortage in a particular category or location. Advertisements for the membership appear in the Brisbane and Regional newspapers and through professional circulars and websites (for example, the Queensland Law Society, Queensland Bar Association, Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, and various allied health and mental health associations.) The Tribunal also accesses nominees from the government register of nominees to government bodies.
If you are responding to the current advertised vacancy, please complete and return our Membership application.
To download the Members Application Kit and apply online please Click Here.
Steps to Apply Online
- Download the member’s application kit from the bottom of MHRT Smart Jobs ad.
- Complete and sign all forms within the application kit.
- If step two wasn’t done digitally you will need to scan the forms to make a digital copy.
- Click the ‘Apply Online’ button at the bottom of the job listing. If you are not logged in or do not already have an account you will need to register before proceeding. This will only take a couple of minutes. Once the account is created you will be able to save your progress of the application.
- After the account is created you will be re-directed back the job application page.
- Complete all the required fields in the online form. In the Resume, cover letter and other documents section you will need to upload your completed member application kit and any other additional certificates you need to supply. To do this click on the ‘Attach files’ button and wait for the pop window to load. Click on the ‘Browse’ button and select the file you wish to attach. Click the ‘Upload files’ button below to add the file. Repeat this process to include additional attachments. Once finished close the pop window before proceeding.
- Select the privacy statement checkbox and then either click the ‘Next’ or ‘Save and apply later’ button. The ‘Next’ button will continue the application while the ‘Apply later’ button will save your progress and allow you to complete the application to a later date.
- Clicking the ‘Next’ button will take you to the final page of the application which will have a few basic questions which you are required to answer.
- Complete the questions and select ‘Apply Now’ to finalise your application or click the ‘Save and apply later’ to submit at a later date but please note applications close on the 13th of May 2013.
For further information regarding an application to become a member, please contact:
The Executive Officer
Mental Health Review Tribunal
PO Box 15818
Ph: (07) 3235 9059
The current term for part-time members is due to conclude on 27 February 2014.